Latest

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Adjective

An adjective is a word that describes a noun or a pronoun.
Adjectives answer the following questions:

WHAT KIND?
new car,
striped tie
red scarf
hot water

WHICH ONE?
this butterfly,
any piece,
every page
first time

HOW MANY?
one samoosa
six flowers
many potatoes
 few people

HOW MUCH?
enough space
more time
little rain
 no food

Adjectives can appear before or after the nouns or pronouns they modify. However  mostly appear before the noun
She saw a smiling face. They are happy and talkative.

Write the words into the correct categories below.



Adjectives can appear before or after the nouns or pronouns they modify. However  mostly appear before the noun
She saw a smiling face. They are happy and talkative.

Write the words into the correct categories below.

Noun
Verb
Adjective

























run box red sing chicken write clever old tree sad mouth fly new silly laugh car pencil push fork lost stand ball tall smile

Read the sentence. Circle the adjective. On the line after the sentence, write the noun that is being described.

    1. The landlady bought an expensive guitar.         ………………………………
    2 My boss invited me to a fancy dinner.              ………………………………
    3   The furry dog made the girl sneeze.                 ………………………………
    4.The filthy man lived on the streets.                 ………………………………
    5.    He was afraid to talk to the beautiful woman.   ………………………………                            
    6.    The perfume in the container is fragrant.          ………………………………
    7.    The shiny car caught his attention in the yard.  ………………………………
    8.    I didn’t want to sit on the wet ground.            ………………………………
    9.    Explorers came to Srilanka from foreign lands.  ………………………………
    10. Her mother is an amazing cook!                      ………………………………
    11. The valuable gift was donated to the museum.  ………………………………
1  12. The brown banana was used to make bread.     ………………………………
1  13.The girl smelled the fresh flowers.                      ………………………………      
1  14.Sahla rode her bicycle on a hot day.                   ………………………………
1  15.He took a refreshing drink of water.                    ………………………………
1  16.The dark clouds gathered in the sky.                 ………………………………
1  17.The tree in the forest had a thick trunk.              ………………………………
1  18.He had an important appointment that morning.   ………………………………
1  19.The boat got stuck in the icy waters.                    ………………………………
    20.Plants with green leave perform photosynthesis.   ………………………………

Choose the adjective and Write it on the line.

   1.    My mom’s buriyani is_________. (delicious/sharp)
   2.    The party is _________. (ugly/fun)
   3.    The ________ man has no place to sleep. (poor/rich)
   4.    My slippers are _________. (soft/angry)
   5.    Grandma’s perfume is_________. (fragrant/smelly)
   6.    Our home is __________. (challenging/comfortable)
   7.    The school is ________. (salty/large)
   8.    The party was _______. (old/noisy)
   9.    Brintha’s car is _________ (boost/fast)
  10. Our friends have a _______dog. (friendly/poor)
  11. The weather is ___________. (chilly/smooth)
  12. My new shoes are ________. (long/fashionable)
  13. The genius is ________. (intelligent/rectangular)
  14. The main library is _______. (useful/two)
  15. We have a __________ horse. (brown/scaly)
  16. Bodhisatta is a __________ man(honest/big)
  17. Srilankan students go to school __________ morning(early/easily)
  18.  Burj Dubai is a __________building in the world. (tall/high)




1)       My best friend is really ______________.  She often gives me presents for holidays.
2)       Ginger is a very ____________ cat because he never wakes up before 9 am.
3)       I enjoy going to the school library and looking for information about dinosaurs. I think I am ___________ .
4)       I don’t usually start talking to new people first because I am ___________ .
5)       Sometimes I feel good but sometimes I feel sad. My parents say that I am _____________.
6)       My younger brother never lets me help him; he wants to be an ________________ person.
7)       I don’t think for long when my friends invite me out at the weekend; I think I am ___________________ .
8)       Jessica doesn’t feel ok when she gives presentations in the meetings. She is a bit _____________ .
9)       I usually study a lot before tests, and my friends call me ___________________.

10)     Ferdinand Magellan was an _______________ explorer because he made a first voyage round the world.

3 comments:

  1. Great.. Tutorial is just awesome..It is really helpful for a newbie like me.. I am a regular follower of your blog. Really very informative post you shared here. Kindly keep blogging. as a hobby kids and parents like to play games on mobiles. but as a different kind of mobile os's we couldn't send our data though that smart phones. for to transfer backup data we can use samsung smart switch download app.

    ReplyDelete